This was my first fabric swap, it was fun going through my bits and pieces in anticiaption that someone else may find a creative use for them. I hope Amber liked the fabrics I sent her.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Today I received this wonderful package in the mail from my fabric swap partner Amber. Creative ideas just exploded in my mind as I looked through the wonderful fabric scraps she sent me. She also wrapped it so sweetly, I just love ric-rac.
I'm currently reading Craft Inc.; Turning Your Creative Hobby Into a Business by Meg Mateo Ilasco. You can tell the book is made by a creative person for a creative person. It's a beautiful book, with some great advice. (Now if I could only find more hours in a day for reading time!)
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Thanks to Mud and Mint I've been tagged asking to share six interesting things about myself and ask six others to do the same....well, interesting or not, here it goes:
1. I'd almost always take a good bagel with cream cheese over chocolate (or any other sweets for that matter).
2. I was a cemetery security guard a couple of summers while in college.
3. I have a birthmark on my thigh that's the shape of a cow skull. You know, the kind you see in the wild west movies with the tumble weeds blowing by...
*Que wild west whistle music ooOooOoo*
4. When I was a kid my Mom enrolled me in clown classes, yes clown classes. I was pretty shy and she wanted to get me involved in something, so while my friends were in little league baseball and gymnastics, I was a CLOWN :o(
5. I think "Yo Gabba Gabba" is the best thing to happen to TV in years!
6. I used to play the bass (the acoustic upright string bass-not the cool rocker chic electric bass.)
Here are the blogs that I'm tagging, take a look:
Sunday, September 2, 2007
My daughters have the crafting itch. It's hereditary. They watch me sew so often that every now and then they have to make something for themselves. Serene's favorite is pillows, Esme's is whatever her big sister is making. Here Serene is perfecting the slip stitch and Esme is having fun stuffing her pillow.